College students may acquire a lot of free goods if they know where to search. We’ve compiled a list of discounts and freebies for college students that will save you a ton of money!
If you like free stuff, check out our ultimate guide to the best free stuff anyone can get online.
Free Amazon Student
For the next six months, you can obtain Amazon Student for free, which provides you many of the same perks as Amazon Prime without the $99 annual fee. You’ll get quick access to film and music, as well as free two-day delivery.
When the trial period finishes, Amazon Student will receive a 50% discount on Amazon Prime.
Apple Discounts For Students & Teachers
Apple products and subscriptions can be purchased at a discount. On MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and iMac Pro models, you may save $100. Any iPad model is also eligible for a $50 discount.
AppleCare service and support plans are included in the school pricing. Discounts on computers and AppleCare are available to students and educators.
You can obtain a trade-in credit for your current Apple products, which you may use to save money on your future Apple purchase. For example, if you trade in a MacBook Air, you may earn up to $670 in Apple credit.
With your Apple Music Student Plan, you’ll also get a free Apple TV+. The Apple Music Student Plan is available for up to 48 months. Apple Music is $4.99 per month for students instead of the normal $9.99 per month.
These offers are available both online and in-store. For online orders, you’ll need to confirm your email address and student status. Bring your student ID or admission letter to make local purchases.
You Need a Budget (YNAB) For Students
When you’re a student, budgeting is a lot easier. There is very little revenue, very few costs, and everything is considerably smaller.
It’s also the greatest time to begin budgeting because it’s so straightforward! Plus, You Need a Budget is completely free for college students!
You can acquire a licence till the conclusion of the school year if you email them at firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence of registration. If you’re still in school, email them again and they’ll send you a new key.
SiriusXM For Students
The Sirius Streaming service is typically $13 per month, however as a student, it is only $4 per month. You don’t need a satellite-equipped vehicle to receive over 300 SiriusXM stations.
Sirius has teamed up with SheerID to confirm your status as a current student. All you have to do is enter the name of your university or college, your name, your birthdate (for verification purposes), and your email address. A student is defined as someone who is presently enrolled in a degree-granting, Title IV-accredited school of higher education in the United States.
Tickets at a Discount For Students
Student tickets are available for almost every athletic event. If you’re a sports fan, you probably already know when the $7 tickets are available, such as when the division basement dwellers come to town (unless your team is the basement dweller – then it’s always cheap! ), but if you’re a sports fan, you probably already know when the $7 tickets are available.
Look for student tickets at symphonies, aquariums, theatres, and other cultural institutions if you’re visiting a large city.
If you’re in New York City, for example, go to this website for Lincoln Center Student Discounts. It includes connections to all of the main associated universities as well as information on how to purchase student tickets.
Student Banking For Free
Students can get free checking from a variety of banks, including:
- Chase Student Checking (with a $100 incentive!) is a great option for students.
- Bank of the United States of America Checking by Students
- Student Banking at Bank of America
If you’re comfortable with internet banking, you may frequently obtain a better deal – greater interest rates, cheaper fees, and low or no minimums. There are no criteria for students here.
- Discover Bank — There is no minimum balance requirement and no monthly charge (see our Discover online bank review).
- Ally Bank — No minimum balance, no fees, and up to $10 each statement cycle in ATM charge refund. (Read our review of Ally Bank)
The Best Free Software For Students
Companies enjoy giving away free software to students because it introduces you to their software at a time when you’re least able to pay and most likely to establish habits.
Start by checking with your school’s IT department to see what software they have accessible (for example, here’s the University of Pittsburgh students’ free software website). Many institutions have a significant number of seat licences available, allowing you to utilise the programme like you would a library book. It won’t cost you anything, and you’ll get access to a lot of fantastic (and costly) applications.
Here are a few organisations that provide free software to students:
- Adobe Education
- GitHub – Free Student Developer Pack
- Intel Free Software Tools
- LastPass Premium – free for six months
- Microsoft Office for Students (and other Microsoft student software offers)
- MSC Software – Very specific engineering software
- On the Hub
- PTC – Creo free student edition
- Tableau – analytics package
Free Movies For Students
Movies are entertaining! Movies are too costly! If you’re a student, you can get a discount on movies!
Find out how much the discount is, when you may go, and which movies it applies to by calling your local movie theatre. On their websites, several movie theatres, such as Cinemark, provide a smattering of generic and largely worthless information. Others compel you to call.
They do, however, provide discounts! (therefore make a phone call to your local theatre)
List of Stores and Providers With Free Stuff For Students
And here’s my best effort at gathering all of the student discounts offered by nationally represented shops or service providers.
To begin, some of them will require you to enrol in Student Advantage. It’s a student discount card with an annual cost of $22.50 (as of this writing), but it grants you access to a slew of discounts.
Others may be familiar with UNiDAYS, which is comparable to Student Advantage but is free. You must verify your status as a student (by signing into your university account or sending an email to your university email address), but you will be eligible for discounts and cashback incentives.
Finally, you may have heard that you may get free beverages, discounts, and other perks at certain quick-service restaurants. Although these are very region-specific, it doesn’t hurt to inquire.
To the top of the list:
- Adidas has a 15% off sale going on right now (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- ASOS is offering a 10% discount.
- boohoo – up to 80% discount (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Club Monaco offers a 15% discount both online and in-store.
- Dockers are on sale for 20% off (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Dr. Martens is offering a 15% discount on their website (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Hanes – Save up to 20% when you shop online.
- Teachers and college students receive a 15% discount at J. Crew in-store.
- Journeys offers a $10 discount on orders of $75 or more placed online (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Goodwill — Look for a promotion day at your local shop (ours have 30 percent off on Wednesdays for students, teachers, and seniors)
- Levi’s — Get up to 25% off full-priced goods (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Teachers and college students get 15% discount at Madewell.
- ModCloth is offering a 25% discount on their website.
- Nike – Most products are up to 20% discount.
- PacSun is offering a 10% discount when you order online (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Rue21 is offering a 15% discount on all online orders.
- Sunglass Hut is offering a 15% discount on their website (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- The North Face is offering a 10% discount online and in-store.
- Topshop is offering a 10% discount (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Students and instructors receive a 10% discount at Toms.
- Vineyard Vines – 15% off in-store (military too) and online
- Club O Gold is a student and teacher incentives programme that uses ID.me authentication.
- When you enter your.edu address or present a valid student ID, you can get 15% off at Pottery Barn.
- Sign up with an.edu address and get 15% off your next purchase at West Elm.
Cell Phone Plans
- AT&T Wireless offers a monthly discount of up to $10 per line.
- Save $10/month on single line plans and $20/month on two line plans with Verizon Wireless.
Unlike apparel stores that give 10% or 20% discount, electronics stores frequently offer instructional models or pricing:
- Acer offers a 10% discount and free delivery on all orders.
- Student Discounts at Best Buy
- HP – Online savings of up to 35%
- Student Discount Program from Lenovo
- Logitech items are 25% discount (UNiDAYS confirmation)
- Newegg Premier for Students – eligible students receive a free year of Newegg Premier.
- Microsoft offers a 10% discount with other special offers.
- Samsung – Save up to 30% on smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other electronics.
- Adorama – 15% off certain goods with registration and confirmation of purchase
- Most DJI drones are on sale for up to 10% discount (students and teachers qualify)
- GoPro is offering a 20% discount on new cameras and accessories.
- Skullcandy is offering a 20% discount on their website.
Military members sacrifice so much, yet they are among the lowest-paid in the nation. In exchange for subsidized housing and healthcare, military families are left with much less cash to use for other living necessities and luxuries. In acknowledgment of the great sacrifices that military personnel, families, and veterans make, many companies and organizations have…Read More
Preparing for a new baby is an exciting time. You get to set up a new nursery in your home. You’re choosing baby names to call them. But the truth is that having and raising a baby gets expensive. Suddenly you’re looking everywhere for free stuff for parents. You’re always on the lookout for baby…Read More
Free trials are one of our favorite kinds of free stuff. They let you try products or services before committing your hard-earned money. Advertising can make goods or services seem amazing, but the reality doesn’t always match the hype. No one wants to waste money or regret a purchase, and free trials help you avoid…Read More